SAT and ACT Essays
Are you taking the SAT or ACT in 2014-2015?
Liz shows you how to write a timed essay for the Writing Section. You'll learn how to plan, write and proofread under time pressure and recognize and correct sentence and paragraph errors.
All it takes is practice, practice, practice!
- Respond to a prompt.
- Develop a point of view on a specific issue.
- Support that point of view with specific examples.
- Follow the conventions of standard written English.
- Improve sentences.
- Identify sentence errors.
- Improve paragraphs.
- Overcome writing block.
- Take the exam with confidence.
"The writing test has been found to be a good indicator of future academic success."
Jeff A. Neal, Spokesperson, Harvard University Faculty of Arts and Sciences
College Application Essays
As you know, the competition to get into college is tough. Your essay can make all the difference. Liz will show you how to plan and write an essay that will stand out from the pile.